Pharmacy Staffing Company needs CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIANs for a month-long Long Term Care Pharmacy opportunity in Albany, New York. Start as soon as possible!
Hours: Evening or Daytime or Overnight positions available
Start Date: ASAP
Assist registered pharmacist in various aspects of pharmacy practice as permitted by regulations, including order entry, control room, pulling medications from shelf, compounding, packaging, delivery preparation. Operation of Automated prescription filling system.
• Fill drug kits under direct supervision applying accuracy and aseptic technique.
• Match preprinted label and delivery manifests with a source document
• Locate medication from pharmacy supply area, count out, and package in correct system, including blister packs, vials, etc.
• Pre-package medications according to standard procedures
• Clean all equipment and work areas
• Rotate stock as required
• File documentation as required by pharmacy
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS:
(With or without the aid of mechanical devices and/or reasonable accommodation) Lift to waist height and carry up to 15 pounds for approximately 100 feet regularly, ability to stand and walk for entire shift, ability to read, write and communicate in English, may be required to enter hot or cold, warehouse, requires occasional climbing, bending or stooping.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Current License/Certification a plus.
• Current State Board registration as Pharmacy tech or Trainee (or we need to get you registered ASAP)
• 6 months – 1 year of related experience would be nice
• Attention to detail and be able to work under deadlines
• Ability to use metric system
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• GOOD MEMORY SKILLS / QUICK LEARNER
• Computer literacy (basic skills)
• Detail orientation, results orientation, teamwork and oral communication!
- Drug-Free and clean background checks
- Good and relevant supervisor-based references
- Must have a checking account for ACH of payroll (pay is every other Friday for work done thru the previous Sunday). We do not pay in cash or cash cards.
- Must communicate well with us (the staffing agency) via email.
- Must be able to dress according to pharmacy policy (usually business casual - no jeans, miniskirts, etc.)
- Once you commit to a shift, we will expect you to stick to it.