Apply for NY - Albany - Order Entry Pharmacy Technician
Flexible Pharmacy Staffing has an opening for a Pharmacy Technician at a Long Term Care Pharmacy client located in Albany, New York.
• Monday - Tuesday: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
• Wednesday: 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM
• Thursday - Friday: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
• One weekend a month Saturday and Sunday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Assists with drug preparation and dispensing under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist and in accordance with state pharmacy regulations.
• Under the supervision of a Pharmacist, fill prescriptions as permitted by the State Board of Pharmacy.
• Types of information into LTC-400 to produce labels.
• Labels products appropriately, including cautionary or auxiliary labels.
• Checks for run times
• Retrieves prescribed medication from shelves
• Prepares drug orders into blister and vials according to company policies
• Takes inventory, places orders, check-in drugs and supplies, stocks shelves and removes out-of-date items from the inventory.
• Inform Pharmacy Technician Supervisor or Director of any shortages in drug inventory/packing materials.
• Ensure the timely preparation of orders according to company delivery protocols.
• Be self-motivated and follow through without prompting
• Performs other tasks as assigned.
• Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance
Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 6 months of relevant experience
• Ability to work as a member of a team
• Ability to operate personal computers and/or computer terminals
• Skilled in performing detailed work
• Ability to recognize and identify patient medications.
• To provide appropriate customer service, the Pharmacy Technician must be flexible in their work schedule, as they may be required to stay past their scheduled time to ensure timely customer delivery.
• Physical requirements: walking, bending, standing, lifting
• Formal CPhT training
• PTCB certification
**PLEASE ATTACH RESUME IF POSSIBLE (or email to us after you submit and receive submission acknowledgment)**
Albany, NY, US