Apply for OR - Portland - Patient Care Advocate Pharmacy Technician
Flexible Pharmacy Staffing has an opening for a Pharmacy Technician at a Pharmacy located in Portland, Oregon.
• Monday - Friday
• 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM
• The Patient Care Advocate will directly interact with patients, prescribers, prescriber agents, clients, and other employees.
• Acts as liaison between the company, patients, and physician’s office.
• Responsible for reviewing new prescriptions and making sure all necessary information including insurance verification is available to process orders.
• Explains all company programs and services to patients and physician’s office staff.
• Communicates with patients as needed based on prescription refills and refers any medication or illness-related questions or concerns to a board-licensed healthcare professional, including but not limited to nurses, pharmacists, and supervised pharmacy interns.
• Responsible for scheduling prescription refills utilizing the pharmacy software.
• Maintains documentation of calls to and from patients.
• Contacts patients to schedule deliveries, confirm addresses, inform of any co-payments involved, and notify of payment responsibilities.
• Assists with prior authorizations.
• Refers under- or uninsured patients to appropriate patient assistance programs and helps with applications.
• Communicates patient status to physician’s offices/clinics.
• Utilizes operating systems and tools to help manage patient therapy and refill compliance.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Must be registered or licensed as required in the state of practice.
• Excellent communication skills; ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail, good organizational skills, self-motivated and able to work independently
• Six months to one year of experience in a medical office or pharmacy setting
• Active Oregon Pharmacy Technician or Oregon Certified Pharmacy Technician license required. If Oregon Pharmacy Technician will be required to obtain Oregon Certified Pharmacy Technician license within six months of the date of hire.
**PLEASE ATTACH RESUME IF POSSIBLE (or email to us after you submit your application and receive submission acknowledgment)**
**iPhone USERS: We have had resume attachment failure issues with iOS! PLEASE ALSO EMAIL RESUME to email@example.com. Include a description of the job you have applied for to help us quickly link your resume to your application**
Portland, OR, US