Apply for FL - Sarasota - IV Technician - Permanent Placement!
Flexible Pharmacy Staffing is recruiting for a full-time permanent IV Pharmacy Technician at a long term care pharmacy located in Sarasota, Florida.
• Monday - Friday: 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM
• Weekends: 12:30 PM - 8:00 PM
• You will fill and prepare IV medications and assist with day-to-day activities under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
• Responsible for cleaning I.V. room and QA as per USP 797 guidelines for a high-risk pharmacy
• Maintaining, cleaning, and accountability of pumps and poles.
• Filing, answering phones, and stocking areas in the IV room as appropriate and as directed by supervisor.
• Work with Lead IV Coordinator in maintaining a clean/safe work environment, checking equipment for calibration, safety, and cleanliness.
• Communicate with the nursing facilities or prescriber's office by phone or fax to fill orders and refills, answer questions and assure high-level customer service satisfaction.
• Researches missing deliveries, missing medication orders, incorrect prescriptions and successfully resolve issues
• Process orders received from electronic or faxed prescriptions and accurately enter order information in the pharmacy system
• Enter data into the computer system to fill prescriptions.
• Read and input written prescriptions and medical data
• Perform drug calculations and interpret prescriptions
• Perform computer system operations.
• Audit the input versus documentation and make corrections as required
• Ensure orders are processed according to pharmacy cutoff times and within expected delivery windows
• Perform other tasks as assigned
- Certification by the PTCB
- Must be registered or licensed as required in the state of practice.
- 1-2 years of IV pharmacy technician experience
- Knowledge of drugs, medical nomenclature, and the metric system
- Excellent communication skills; ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail, good organizational skills, self-motivated and able to work independently
- Good and relevant supervisor-based references
- Reliable and punctual
**PLEASE ATTACH RESUME IF POSSIBLE (or email to us after you submit your application and receive submission acknowledgment)**
**iPhone USERS: We have had resume attachment failure issues with iOS! PLEASE ALSO EMAIL RESUME to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a description of the job you have applied for to help us quickly link your resume to your application**
Sarasota, FL, US